1. tommyturtle

tommyturtle Having an Out of Shell Experience

Henry Ford kept updating the Model T from 1908 to 1927 when his son finally convinced him that it had to go. Ford would have not survived the Great Depression if it hadn't developed a new car. The Model A was so much better than the T in just about every way. The 1932 Ford V8 was superior to anything in it's price range.

There comes a time when technology requires a complete restart. These days it happens a lot faster than in the past.

RandyKnight likes this.
  2. HaroldShapiro

HaroldShapiro Sex Lover Suspended!

[​IMG]

3. HaroldShapiro

HaroldShapiro Sex Lover Suspended!

[​IMG]

Sir, is there anything else you would like except for some french fries?

Don't reckon I do...

4. Distant Lover

Distant Lover Master of Facts

5. Distant Lover

Distant Lover Master of Facts

That is a false analogy. People who owned Model T Fords, and who were happy with them were not told that they would no longer be able to get parts for Model T Fords, and that they would need to buy Model A Fords.

I want a PC that gives me internet access, e-mail, and word processing. How can Windows 7 or Windows 10 do those better?

6. tommyturtle

tommyturtle Having an Out of Shell Experience

Ford did eventually stop making parts for the Model T just as Microsoft is now ending support for XP. Parts can still be acquired from other suppliers for both products but they are aftermarket parts or New Old Stock. Model T's can still be driven but not on an interstate highway because they can't go fast enough and not safe enough. Along the same vein, XP will still be usable for many tasks but will soon be too slow and unsafe for internet use.

7. bogusjoe1958

bogusjoe1958 Sex Lover

Get a Chromebook