1. Hello,

New users on the forum won't be able to send PM untill certain criteria are met (you need to have at least 6 posts in any sub forum).

One more important message - Do not answer to people pretending to be from xnxx team or a member of the staff. If the email is not from forum@xnxx.com or the message on the forum is not from StanleyOG it's not an admin or member of the staff. Please be carefull who you give your information to.

Best regards,

StanleyOG.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello,

You can now get verified on forum.

The way it's gonna work is that you can send me a PM with a verification picture. The picture has to contain you and forum name on piece of paper or on your body and your username or my username instead of the website name, if you prefer that.

I need to be able to recognize you in that picture. You need to have some pictures of your self in your gallery so I can compare that picture.

Please note that verification is completely optional and it won't give you any extra features or access. You will have a check mark (as I have now, if you want to look) and verification will only mean that you are who you say you are.

You may not use a fake pictures for verification. If you try to verify your account with a fake picture or someone else picture, or just spam me with fake pictures, you will get Banned!

The pictures that you will send me for verification won't be public

Best regards,

StanleyOG.

Dismiss Notice
  1. umpire2

umpire2 Share-Man of the Board

I know I "editorialize" in a number of places, but I thought that I would centralize things and create a place to muse.

I am humble enough to know that most people will not care what I have to muse over and egotistical enough to go ahead and do it just for myself.

So there will be thoughts here and opinions and probably a lot of junk.

The title of the thread sounds negative, but it will not be all negativity here; the title just came to me while I was driving home and thinking about this:

"I Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

My traveling days, at least in the recent past and for the present, have been extremely limited.

I used to go all over the world, but I haven't been out of the U.S. for the last 9 years (almost). I thought about that and said, "Shit, that is a long time!"

Part of it is simply circumstantial, part of it is opportunity, but a lot of it is financial. If I am not going somewhere that is business oriented, I just can't afford it.

Even domestically, I have only made seven trips in the U.S. in the past five years (I am not counting roaming around in-state or barely crossing a state line before looping back) and six of the seven have been related to business---research mainly.

I'd like to go somewhere over the Summer, but I have no immediate plans and I have so much writing I need to get done, I will probably be pretty home bound. Beyond that, the only trip I KNOW will be coming up is a year away---next April.

So much for the Roamin' Umpire. Where are those orgies when you need them?

• Like Like x 1
    1. Wafarer
      thanks for this insight about yourself, I like your `long posts'. As for other sub forums here, our longer posts are often ignored or ill-appreciated, or `dolted up by dullards'

Wafarer, Feb 17, 2016
    2. deleted user 777 698
      Don't worry, President Trump will get the economy rolling again and you will be financially able to travel abroad soon.:) We all have been feeling the pinch these past 9 years. :-(

deleted user 777 698, Sep 25, 2016
  2. RandyKnight

RandyKnight Have Gun, Will Travel

one of my favorites....:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. umpire2

Ha!

Randy, you card

4. AZRIEL

AZRIEL BROTHER GRIM

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. RandyKnight

as far as travel...these fucking air lines have gotten nuts over the fuel cost...

gas has gone up 20% but airline tickets up 40 to 70%....just plain BS

sure was cheaper to travel back when everyone thought we were going under...

• Like Like x 1
  6. umpire2

I get about 1/4 the travel reimbursement I got 8 years ago and everything costs twice as much.

7. RandyKnight

even as I have gotten older and have more money....

I think the older I get the prices get even harder to stomach...

In 60 years.....10cent 12oz drafts to 2.50 pints...just to mention a little

8. umpire2

Gas goes up, everything goes up.

I remember when I started driving back in 1981, I could get gas for about $1.05 to $1.09 a gallon. Early the following year, I got my first "real" job and made $23,000.

If everything was equal (or even close to it), since gasoline is 3.477 times higher, I should be making about $80,000.

I'm only off by about $27,000.....

9. richief

richief The Curly Wurly Man In XNXX Heaven

I spent a lot of time travelling at the government expense and not all of it was for a little ruckus, some of it was adventurous training, climbing, canoeing, skiing and such, but in the last few years I stopped and doubt I will do any more travel which is a little saddening, there are some places I want to go to and some I want to return to, but when the cost of travel insurance is in the thousands then it doesn't add up finacially.

10. umpire2

Maybe in 20 years when I retire I'll get to travel more :rolleyes:; of course, I'd have to win the lottery first.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    1. inmyhand
      same boat here

inmyhand, Feb 12, 2021
  11. justpassingthru

justpassingthru No Rest For The Wicked Banned!

"Editorialize" huh ... is that what they call preaching these days? :p

I hear you on the rising cost of traveling though and luckily I have gathered enough air miles over the years to travel for the rest of my life without having to pay much other than the surcharges on flights.

12. umpire2

:-s

13. umpire2

Well, I did some roamin' last night.

Yes, sir & ma'am, I left the state!

I did indeedy-do.

Crossed the state line, had dinner, and came home.

I am a regular Michael Palin, I am!:excited:

14. DarthMorgh

DarthMorgh The Darth Knight

Pattaya, Thailand :)

15. umpire2

That's a long way to go for Pad Thai !!!!!

16. ejls

ejls Siren of the Seaway

I have a summer place that is more than affordable for me to maintain. My issue now is the cost to get there for the weekend. It's sad to think I may have to let it go.

1. deleted user 777 698
      Don't fret, things will begin to improve soon.

deleted user 777 698, Sep 25, 2016
  17. ejls

ejls Siren of the Seaway

I have a writer friend who retired to Pattaya. He's come out of his retirement to work for a while, but to him Pattaya is paradise.

18. DarthMorgh

Maybe but its really cheap and very beautiful :)

19. umpire2

I am not passing judgment on anyone here, because there are a multitude of reasons for people to travel to various locales and to favor some of them.

Years ago, I knew a guy who vacationed in Thailand every summer for about 3 weeks. He would rave about how beautiful it was, how well he was treated, how inexpensive it was and that he was going to retire there.

He was a really good guy, generally speaking.

I, of course, was extremely naive and thought (in the relative poverty of my college days) it would be nice to have the time and money to go there----until I found out about the child prostitution, forced transgender ops, etc, which make up such a large portion of the Thai 'tourism economy'.

I kept this newly found knowledge to myself for a few months before I asked my Thai-traveling friend about it, and he was very open about it. One of the big attractions for him was that he could pretty much get all the 10 to 14 year old girls or boys he wanted, unless of course, you wanted a virgin----then the price went way up.

And so ended 1) my desire to ever go to Thailand and spend a dime in such a pit and 2) my fairly regular---once or twice a month---trips to the local Thai restaurant with a really good guy----generally speaking.

20. DarthMorgh

I'm sure you could find quite a lot of countries with forced child prostitution.... including Japan and a lot of african countries. But don't let something like that keep you from experiencing and enjoying a nice place. To be honest, Thai Fried Rice is the best fried rice I've ever had and I don't even like fried rice